Thursday, 6 November 2014

Let's forgive.

It's true some people have been unkind to me; because I'm faulted and so they don't like my faults. Look how bitterly I remember every angry word they've said to me. It's better if I try to forget 'em. See we'al have faults but time will come soon when we'll die, when our anger, and faults will pass away with our bodies; leaving only the pure flame of spirit.
That's why I never think of revenge, although sometimes I consider life unfair. I live in calm, looking forward to the end because..to me, life's too short to continue hating anyone for a long time.

So I FORGIVE. I forgive people because of the very many reasons the most being that God encouraged us to always forgive, and He forgives too. I forgive people even when they've not apologized because I know that deep inside, they may be sorry but too proud to say it, and it's common knowledge sorry doesn't come that easy.
So forgiving others whether they asked for forgiveness or not is necessary in order to let go of and make peace with the past.

Don't forgive and keep on reminding them again & again, of their mistake. That may show that you didn't really forgive entirely. Just forgive and leave it at that.
Maybe I've done things that are hard for people to forgive me. But that's their problem. My problem is to make them believe in forgiveness. Forgiveness is possible.
Think about the worst evil thing you can ever do, If you can commit the heaviest sin against God, but He forgives you in just a millionth of a second after your honest repentance,
what of me? What of you? Why wouldn't you forgive?

You see I've gone through the worst. The people that would have loved me the most did the reverse over the past years. In 2007, my auntie stole my very first phone my dad had bought me, a Samsung E250. It was soo trendy those days. I mean I was only 15 by then and you know all the excitement that comes with getting a first phone, at that age, back then. Of course I got a way better phone the following year. And I decided to forgive her. And today, we smile like nothing has ever happened!
My mom did to me the unforgivable(haa seen that?) but that's a story for another day, but I decided to forgive her too.
Just recently, my dad stopped paying for my university tuition out of the blue, when I was left with just one year to graduate. Two semesters people. Without a single reason, obviously it couldn't be money because I have proof that he has loads of cash! I guess I just ran out of his favour. He just woke up one day and saw no good in funding my education. So I tried other sources and failed, and the only option was to drop out. But it was only 1 year remaining, and I was sure to graduate with a first class because my CGPA was 4.2!
Do you know how that feels? You've put your best, you getting excited and bam! You disappointed at the very last moment?? Now I was bitter. I hated him. I swore never to talk to him again. We said bad things to each other and I even deleted his number.
But then one night as I was thinking(I do that quite a lot!), I thought about how hurting it was to me to keep on hating on him, to keep that big burden in my heart, and how it's never gonna take anything back. What did I do? I forgave that guy. Yes. I let it go. I prayed to God to forgive me, and him, and make me strong.

So when people ask me, "Norman, why do you keep doin all this, when they've done all that to you?", my only reply is, "I forgive." And I've seen how bitter, miserable & sad people who don't forgive become! I mean I've been there and done all that! But If I'm to become all that again, let it not be
because of my unforgiving!
And if I forgave Robin van Persie when he crossed over to the crappy Manchester united from the awesome Arsenal, I can forgive anything else. Lol.
Seriously though, you my friends can surely forgive as well. You'll get peace of mind.


Imagine a world where people thought about forgiveness first, before thinking about revenge!

1 comment: