Social media is so messed up these days. I think the freedom to say anything you want when you want no matter how dumb, nasty, or hateful or disrespectful it is, is being misused. People just don’t care about whose feelings they’re going to hurt with the things they do/say on social media. And, some people just think that everything someone writes on social media is about/for them. Others think it might be your situation. Yes it might be my situation, but also, it might be yours, your girlfriend’s, your boyfriend’s, or your side chic’s. I might be dead serious, or I might just, you know, be playing. Just for humour. Or just painting a picture, or just thinking out loud.
On one page you read about a skinny chic hating on a fat one, and then the other a thirsty unlucky b*tch hating on some b*tch who gets some. Just as you shaking your head to the above, a broke n*gga bursts out all ranting about the ungodly way the well-off guy makes his money! There’s just way too much hate on social media. Sometimes it makes you think whether the internet is a stupid place, or there’s just a lot of stupid people on the internet. And I’m getting to think the latter is true.
When it comes to relationships, social media puts it on a brand new level (read here about social media and relationships).
Just the other day, I wrote a rather sad status on my WhatsApp and surprisingly, my bae felt like it was aimed for her! I just couldn’t believe I’d write any sad thing about our relationship. I mean it’s that good (the relationship). So I asked why she thinks it’s aimed at her and all she said was like she wants me to remove it. And I sadly did, of course after some hesitation. But for just God’s sake why’d you think anything is about you unless of course you’re guilty for something. We’ve all seen relationships beginning and ending on social media. I saw a certain clip where the girl was telling her boyfriend to stop liking girl’s pics on Instagram. The guy was like, “No. Why?” And her reasoning was like every guy hat like a girl’s pic just wants to fcuk her. Like can’t just be nice to a girl? Like I don’t even know the girl I’m just using a feature on the network. I’m just double tapping the pic I’m not undressing for her.
In addition, after a certain period it gets addictive. People just feel like they can’t do without checking on their notifications or messages. They think about it first thing in the morning even with their bad breath, and it’s the last thing they do just before sleeping. Social media even makes some people think they’re famous. I mean you got 4999 friends on Facebook, 1000 followers on twitter and your Instagram pics get over 700 likes, you obviously gonna feel like Rihanna and all so important, even when you tweet using a Nokia 3310(Kidding, but you obviously get my point). These days people measure their worth based on the number of comments they get, whether positive, negative, constructive or not.
Of course, social media has its perquisites, only if we choose to use it in a better way. If that post is provocative, you can always choose to scroll down and act like you didn’t see it, instead of writing a really hateful or derogatory comment. I don’t think you’d lose 10 pounds or get any disease if you do that. We can all make the internet a better place.


No comments:
Post a Comment