Friday, 1 January 2016

A roundup of my 2015

So the year 2015 has finally ended. I have decided to do a roundup of how it has been. And we’ll get into it straight away.
First things first, I spent last year’s new year’s eve (Haa.. see what I did there!) with the person I’d spent over 12 years without seeing. And do you know who it was? Well, it was... Aahh... Wait for it... Wait for it... My dad. Yes. It was a surprise and went on to make January a lovely month for me. Therefore, the year began on a high. Promises were made, plans were drafted, broken relationships mended and having fun being a top priority.

Me and my Dad on 2014 New Yer's Eve.


February set in on kind of a low. You know, going back to a normal life. This is the time when you start acting on your resolutions, making progress on your plans and all. For me though, I only had one thing to do. Apply and get a place in a top Malaysian technology university to further my education. Another thing that happened was I started to see the true colours of the people I was staying with.
March set in with nothing much exciting except my birthday on the 14th. And maybe Dr Jose Chameleone’s Wale Wale Double trouble concert on the 29th. I did not really have a birthday party, but I took myself out and ate my heart out at CafĂ© Javas. At the same time, the rift between my grannie and me was growing wider and wider. The reason is that she wanted me to repay her 500k she had given me a year earlier to service my tuition at campus. Now the keyword here is GIVEN. There was never an agreement that I had to pay it back (I mean, who does that? Ok my grannie did) because I never even asked her for it. Just know she became everything I had heard people talk about her, but I had tried to overlook it and taken her side.

When I took myself out on my Birthday. It was my day.


April came in with me struggling to renew my passport, attending education fares, in my search for a better Malaysian university to apply to. Spending a lot of money in the process, and meeting many new people. In addition, this is when I met a girl that soon became my girlfriend. At least for some months.

May was the month that started it all. I got more involved into conversation with the girl, I finally got the 500K and happily paid my grannie (How ridiculous that sounds‼), and I finally moved out of that damned house. Also, my plans of going to Malaysia fell apart when my sponsor (dad) pulled off the sponsorship because of the reasons he never told. Nevertheless, that is so typical of him I was barely surprised. Oh and my very awesome Arsenal won The FA Cup for the second year running.
June set in with me in a different place. Now I lost control of the year and all my resolutions took a way different path. I let loose; I let everything happen, as they want. I have lived in way too many places my name should be changed from Norman to Nomad. Lol. And Ramadhan happened.

The months from July until the end of year were just days passing me by. Not really much activity and productivity, only that I fell in love around 9th August. But now my relationship status reads, “I don’t even know what is happening.” Because her family does not like Moslems and I cannot convert to Catholicism. So we are there, I do not want to lose her because I love her so much, but she says we are in denial. In November, I opened my very first #30DaysOfNorman where I shared inspiration stories, a series of pieces of advice and some dose of laughter on facebook. That aside, Arsenal is top of the Barclays Premier League table and I am hoping it stays like that until the end of the season.

Arsenal winning the FA Cup in May was really awesome.

On the plus side, I move into the New Year with the hope of turning my life around back to the good side, with new possibilities and options coming in. I have a great feeling that this is going to be my year (Yeah I know I have said that for the previous 3 years, lol), but almost everybody else has. So happy new year to all of you my lovely readers, here’s to another blogging year, wishing you all a year filled with realisation of our dreams, changing for the better, making lasting relationships, living in peace, joy, happiness and serenity.

Love,
Norman Isaac Mwambazi.

No comments:

Post a Comment