Sunday, 28 December 2014

Pink Walls by K.I.D Druggy, The mixtape.



23 year old South African up and coming rapper K.I.D Druggy brings us his interesting debut mixtape called Pink Walls. Pink Walls is a fine musical piece with 20 tracks and one bonus track. He features a host of other artists like K-Scrlpts, Bary, SteezyStylish, among others. Lord Jazz produced most of the tracks of which the sound and beat is on point. Other producer on this mixtape include Louie Valentino, and JSK. This musical piece is a combination of finding love and losing it, drugs, the hustle for money, and sex, all perfectly put together thanks to K.I.D's amazing lyrical prowess and awesome wordplay. All tracks written by the man himself.
To be honest, I was a little bit reluctant to listen to this rather awesome mixtape. You know how someone you've never heard of asks you to give their music some listening time and something tells you not to. But later, I did. I did not only give it some of my time, but I gave it all after listening to the first track of the mixtape titled 'Mind and heart', because I just couldn't stop. Every track that followed made me listen even more attentively and getting more interested. K.I.D leads us into his exceptional lyrical world on track 5, 'My name' where he begs us to remember his name when he is gone, and if we don't go before him(God forbid), we surely won't. It features Kayhilla and Black Ethan, of course produced by Lord Jazz. My favourite on the mixtape though is track 9, 'Me and You' where he features producer Lord Jazz and Lindo. He is talking about lost love, where he thought he would last with a girl that told him she will forever love him but forever turned into for never, hence 'Me and You'. Producer JSK brings his magic on track 10, 'She my n*gga' as K.I.D goes on to talk about love, a girl he refers to as his n*gga and he goes on to pray to God he keeps them together forever. It is a fine tune with fine production, but K.I.D also proves his really good wordplay, for easy listening.


Track 11 is led on by a piano sample before producer Lord Jazz drops the awesome beat to accompany K.I.D's rather sloppy voice on 'Mary Jane Revisit', rapping about a girl he loves and misses. It's kinda slow but fine and that piano makes the whole track an easy listening one. 'Her love' is track 13 of this interesting mixtape featuring vocals from Jeremiah Fyah on the chorus before K.I.D comes on with his lines praising a girl's love that makes him sing Halleluyah. It has a reggae beat which I am quite sure y'all rastafarians can easily relate to. He goes really hard on the next tracks spitting more punchline like no other before rounding up the mixtape with a remix of 'Whole year', the second last track and this feature Ruff Z, producer JSK, Tee-Skills and Vipzz, produced by Lord Jazz.
Pink Walls by K.i.d Druggy plays for approx. 81 minutes but trust me, it's no wasted time if you give it to this mixtape. I did, and I am still gonna be listening to it more often. Y'all African hip hop lovers, let's support our own artists because if we don't then who will? The good news is Pink Walls is free for download/streaming. Follow the man himself on Twitter for a download link. You'll thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment