Monday, 30 March 2015

Hate


It seems that the people that know you the least, hate you the most! Yes, it bothers me that people who have never met you or spoke to you decide that they don't like you. But after working on a writing project together, this lady said to me, "I have to repent to you for not liking you because of what I heard about you. But, I also have to admit that what I heard is not you at all. You awesome and so down to earth."

I think that was interesting because we had no mutual friends, so whatever she heard came from a person that didn't know me either. Now I have realised that people will dislike you not because of anything you've done, or who and what you are, but because of who they are. I thank God I understood that being liked isn't necessary when you are impactful. Yo ain't gonna be for everyone, I mean let's face it, you can't be liked by everyone, even Jesus who never did anything bad was  not liked for his love to others, but it's okay, and that is not your problem.



I have seen hate in different quantities and ways. I've seen a mother hating  her own children just because they refused to follow the choices she made for them, even after they were clearly big enough to make their own choices. I've seen sisters hating each other just because one was being loved by almost everyone, and the other felt less loved, hence the jealousy. I have seen former best friends turning against each other just because of a man they all wanted a share of, a man who played both of them and eventually dumped them. But that didn't make things any better as they went on to to keep grudges up to present day. It's said that love begins and ends with she, who brings us into this world. Under normal circumstances, a mother should be the fountain of someone's love. But I've seen several mothers doing the exact opposite to their children, even in times when the children in question have never, ever done  anything bad against their hateful others.



But when faced with such  hatred, be genuine and walk in your truth. It's being said that hate cannot drive away hate, but love, same thing as evil can't be overcome by evil, but by good. Never own anyone else's issues, insecurities or ignorance, because however much you make yourself so easy to love, some people are just gonna hate you anyways. You see, people hate for very many stupid reasons, whereas some don't even have a reason for their hate. Some people will even be dumb enough to hate you because of the way others love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment