Pages

▼

Pages

▼

Saturday, 6 February 2016

Uganda Decides, I have decided.

If God allows, this is going to be my first time to vote in national elections. And I have finally made up my mind about who I'll vote for the top job. First off, I want change, so that means the incumbent will not get my vote. I dream of a country where every eligible citizen has equal opportunity to employment, where people are employed because of their qualifications and ability, not because of their tribe. A country where no region is treated unfairly, a country where you do not have to speak a certain language to get justice. But we can all agree that the economics of this country is not balanced. One region seems to be getting the sugar, and the rest of us, husks.

He said he's the only person with a vision in this country.

Dr. Kizza Besigye will not get my vote as well because I think he is having a personal grudge with the incumbent. We have seen this over the years and it was proven more when he said he would not attend the presidential debate if the incumbent does not attend. Of course, he changed his mind because people had started talking about him taking things personal.

Waayy too many people trust this guy, but I don't.
Amama Mbabazi is so outta my picture as well. He is been in this government ever since it came to power. He is been so influential in decision making, to the extent that we thought the incumbent was grooming him as his successor (only to find out he[the incumbent] was grooming his son, allegedly). He only went to the opposition when he was fired. Now he calls this government a failure. The government he helped to build. Funny how he could not see that when he was still serving in it. But, what if he wasn't fired? Would he have gone to the opposition? He is currently ridiculing the same government structures, laws and policies he helped put in place! He cannot have my vote. You can read more about my displeasure with him here: NOPE, NOT AMAMA MBABAZI. All the above clearly shows my love for change. Changing from H.E Yoweri Museveni to Dr. Kizza Besigye or Amama Mbabazi is like having milk in the morning for breakfast, ghee for lunch, and yoghurt for supper. That’s not the ultimate change. I really have a problem with these NRM bush warriors. We need someone who entirely had nothing to do with that war back in the 80s.
Mabiriizi is just a joker. I cannot say much about him.

Prof. Barya is a learned guy. And I so want learned guys to take leadership because I think they can make better informed decisions. However, I will not vote him either. I think he needs some time to serve into government a little, maybe as a minister, and then I will vote for him. Yes, he led Makerere University for some time and we all know how that ended. If someone cashes a Toyota Premio, what will they do with a lorry? He is not ready to be trusted with a country.

Lol. Sorry. I had to.
That being said, I don't really care about the rest except for one guy, who'll take my vote. Dr. Abed Bwanika. Yes. Tick. If we all put our bias and prejudices aside and be completely honest, this guy has the best manifesto that if properly put into action, or even 90% of it, can propel this lovely country to great heights. You can read it here: Dr. Abed Bwanika's Manifesto

My President.
I dream of a country where corrupt officials do not waste our taxpayers’ money, and in case it is misused, those officials are prosecuted. We need leaders who will revamp our country’s health sector and stop using our taxpayers’ money to fly to The U.S or India for treatment. In my opinion, teachers should get a salary higher than anybody else, but the current government has done the exact opposite. I am voting for change. We need a country where the statement “Order from above” comes to harmonize a situation, not to cause injustices and inequalities amongst the people. A country where public bidding for government tenders really means public bidding, not where bidding is restricted and tenders are awarded to companies owned by members of the first family that end up squandering our funds.

I could say more but I still want to be alive. And oh, that means I need a country where people can criticize the government and still feel safe. Ok bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment