Thursday, 18 August 2016

I want us to last.

I wonder how it is to love a person for years and spend your whole life with them doing stuff together. Eating together, sleeping together, raising up kids together, standing by their side when anything goes wrong, and even fighting together. Doing everything hand in hand, taking each step with them, waking up to them besides you, smelling their hair and kissing them goodbye before you leave for work, and going on to have a lovely day because you know you are going back to the love of your life. Making them breakfast and having fun during vacations. How does it really feel like raising kids together and being a family for over 50 years?

I hate it when people peer pressure me into dating someone. Like no, that doesn't help. I don’t want go into a relationship just because my friends keep pressuring me into it. I want to go into a relationship on my own terms. I want to go into it when I feel like the time is right or when I feel it is right. When I am sure it is not just a small crush that I will get over in a week or 2, or even less. I want to go into it when I am sure that I want to be with that person. A relationship is not a decision to make on a whim. Because when you do, they don't last. And I want something that will last. I don't want to have an amazing couple of months and then it be all over in a flash.

I want to feel it all, without holding back a damn thing. I don't want to experience the feelings of hurt, confusion and disappointment again (because I've been disappointed quite many times). No matter what we run into, and no matter how hard things get, I want us to stick together. I hope I'm not asking too much. You want to get to know someone, their good and bad side before you decide to be with them. It's crazy how people can get into a relationship so easily when barely knowing someone. I don't want that.

I want us to last. I know forever is a long time but I wouldn’t mind spending it with a special someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment