I have this loyalty thing where I buy specific stuff
from specific people. If it's shopping, it's either MegaStandard (even though
their service sometimes suck), or Capital Shoppers. If it’s movies, I have my
favourite DVD store. And if I go there and they don’t have a certain movie that
I want, I can wait until they get it. I buy all my airtime or do mobile money
business from one agent around home.
I go to one salon to do my hair, I have my favourite
barber who knows my style. I don’t like those things of sitting in a salon and
explaining to the barber what I want him to do in my small but nice head. In
this salon, I just sit and the guy does exactly what I want. Which leads me to
the topic of this post.
I passed-by this morning on my way to town and saw
that they've turned my salon (not that I own it), into a bar. Yes. Of all
things, a bar for God's sake!!! I was pissed, disappointed, sad, mad, confused,
grieved, and all those other things. I
think these people want to incite violence.
All I asked myself was why? Okay I know Ugandans drink
a lot and so a bar is a profitable business but seriously, why??? Did they put
into consideration what we, the people that used to frequent that salon, had in
mind? How we felt and all?? I'm so pissed right now.
It's not fair. It's like being madly in love with a
girl and everything going good but she wakes up one day just out of the blue
and decides to breakup with you(this too actually happened to me last year, but
that's a story for another day). No warnings no signs no nothing. And you'd
turned your back on every other girl around saying they ain't worth your time.
So now that you guys have broken up, you can't just start hitting on 'em.
You're literally f..ked.
I don't know whether you people feel my pain or even
get my point. They would’ve at least called us and told us about their plans.
If they were making losses and couldn't manage the costs, they'd have increased
the price. We are loyal, we would’ve stuck with them. Jeez!! My loyalty was
shattered. Now I have to look for another salon and try develop my loyalty with
them.
No comments:
Post a Comment