Monday, 21 November 2016

What a day this was!

Saturday, 19th November, was one of those days one doesn’t want to end. I woke up to texts from someone I had long wanted to meet. Someone I always pictured myself meeting, and sit her down on an exquisite meal and talk about everything and anything. I’d long asked her out but she was a bit sceptical about it. And you can't blame anybody for being sceptical about meeting anybody from the internet. You can't be 100% sure what you are walking into. You just have to pray they don’t kidnap you and drop you in a different continent with your organs sold out, or with a tummy full of coc. Just saying.
For some reasons, a lot of them known to her, she sent me texts early in the morning that she wanted us to meet, and go out, and eat, among other things. And wooww, what a way to start a day! I was both amazed and excited, while she was still a bit nervous. And all that is understandable.
There was some miscommunication about the venue, but after literally searching for her around, I saw her. And I was not disappointed when I saw her because she was nothing different from the photos I’d seen. You know these days with all these photo editing apps around, people(mostly women) Photoshop their photos before sharing them on social media, so you may think you’re hitting on a BeyoncĂ© lookalike in the photos, yet she really looks like she’s running out of life in real life, or life running out of her, or both. Lol.
Anyways, my date wasn’t like that. She was as real as she could ever be. I kept staring her in the eyes and at the back of my mind I was like, “Wow. I’m one lucky guy to be talking to her right now.” She obviously tried as much as possible to avoid eye contact, because she’s a bit shy, and that makes her look even cuter. She’s a reserved lady, knowledgeable, with a great sense of humour. Isn't that a full package?
We talked, and laughed, and there were few moments of awkward silence, but in the end all went well. On our way home, she reminded me that the year is almost ending and asked what I’ve achieved so far, I said, “Meeting you Princess..” and she laughed in deviation. Not knowing that I was as serious as ever.
We departed all smiles. I can't wait to see her again, even now after knowing that we have a lot in common, like our love for food. Aha.

No comments:

Post a Comment