This is a story I worked on with my Facebook friends James Herbert, Judith Wonder, Daphy Disiac, Sa'ra Xera, and Michelle.
I just gave them the first paragraph, we went on to build up a story, each of us making a continuation of where the other stopped. It was fun. Here it goes:
***
He came on to her with a different vibe. A mixture of uptown swagg & downtown moves. His sophisticated sense of humour accompanied with a dash of careful sarcasm blew her away. She wanted to see what else was in store for her.
Before we get to that, there was something, something about his cologne. She clung on to him, as if he was life itself. She hugged him and didn't want to break away, and when she finally did, she smelt like him and she loved it.
So she kept hoping, she looked forward to meeting him one more time.
Music with the lyrics, "She then sees me in a range it probably might be strange,
Imma hustle am speaking no vernacular, you looking at my face man your chic gon blush she ain't gat no choice but to say whatsup
Baby lets go, baby come on lets go I spend a lot of doll, Money long like a scroll.
In the air my money flow
Too much money I love to throw..." was playing in the background.
So she let him in, giving him her all without holding back. But alas! What was in store for her was quite unpleasant.
"This cannot be! This is not who you are! Where is the man I trusted with my heart, my body, my soul?" She wondered.
"But you said you're down for whatever! This is why I don't fully reveal myself to everyone. I like to keep some unpleasant parts of me to the only person that accepts it all: me." He replied in a rather disappointed tone.
"Well, looks like I am scared to go any further. I have been down this road before, and am glad you are not as charming as I thought you are, it's uhhhm..." He leaned in and kissed the words off her lips, so gently and yet so sensuously that she forgot whatever the hell she was blurting.
His lips were obviously hard for her to resist. She would love to kiss them over and over again. He had used the kiss to confuse her for many times, but she wasn't having none of that this time.
So she pulled away, putting a measurable distance between them, and said, "No James. You're not fooling me again with your kisses this time. I've had enough."
"Listen babe, I don't do this to confuse you, I do it because I want to, I need to, I just can't look at you and stay the same. I love you, ok I do and I am going to measure up. But I need you to trust me and trust in me. Please don't judge me. I uhhhm..." All this time, she is looking at him with utmost concern.
She could not miss the tense bit in his speech. She kept pondering upon his uttering for not long a moment. She thought to herself. "He almost sounds truthful. but I can't afford to take his shit."
All this while, she tries to pull away so she can say frankly what it is, his closeness emanates a situation she can't comprehend.
He pulls her back to ascertain she takes in what he has to say. And oh boy the mixed feelings aren't making her stand any firm. But she knows if she doesn't end it now, she might not stand a chance again.
It's excruciating you know, having to let go of something you still want to hold, someone whose warmth you still want to feel. His presence meant so much to her, yet for some reason, a part of her kept on telling her that he was ruining her with unkept promises & broken dreams. She was just tired of running in circles with him, it was exhausting.
Him on the other side, when it had just started, he knew it was going to be just like any other encounter, just a matter of playing the cards right. He always bragged among his boys. He took the top boy position and everyone bowed.
But here he was, stuck between playing his male ego, ticking cards and being knocked on by this amazing woman.
He knew it wouldn't be long till she got fed up and left on her own, neither did he know that he would try to hold her back like his life depended on her existence.
It had just dawned on him that he wanted her to stay. The thought of her in another man's hands drove a steel rod into his heart.
The grasp of his hands upon her tender arms was so strong. "Let go of my hands, you're hurting me." She begged.
And that was proof that everything changes. The very hands she had held with so much tenderness in the past, had turned into ones she never wants to hold again. Beloved had become behated.
I just gave them the first paragraph, we went on to build up a story, each of us making a continuation of where the other stopped. It was fun. Here it goes:
***
He came on to her with a different vibe. A mixture of uptown swagg & downtown moves. His sophisticated sense of humour accompanied with a dash of careful sarcasm blew her away. She wanted to see what else was in store for her.
Before we get to that, there was something, something about his cologne. She clung on to him, as if he was life itself. She hugged him and didn't want to break away, and when she finally did, she smelt like him and she loved it.
So she kept hoping, she looked forward to meeting him one more time.
Music with the lyrics, "She then sees me in a range it probably might be strange,
Imma hustle am speaking no vernacular, you looking at my face man your chic gon blush she ain't gat no choice but to say whatsup
Baby lets go, baby come on lets go I spend a lot of doll, Money long like a scroll.
In the air my money flow
Too much money I love to throw..." was playing in the background.
So she let him in, giving him her all without holding back. But alas! What was in store for her was quite unpleasant.
"This cannot be! This is not who you are! Where is the man I trusted with my heart, my body, my soul?" She wondered.
"But you said you're down for whatever! This is why I don't fully reveal myself to everyone. I like to keep some unpleasant parts of me to the only person that accepts it all: me." He replied in a rather disappointed tone.
"Well, looks like I am scared to go any further. I have been down this road before, and am glad you are not as charming as I thought you are, it's uhhhm..." He leaned in and kissed the words off her lips, so gently and yet so sensuously that she forgot whatever the hell she was blurting.
His lips were obviously hard for her to resist. She would love to kiss them over and over again. He had used the kiss to confuse her for many times, but she wasn't having none of that this time.
So she pulled away, putting a measurable distance between them, and said, "No James. You're not fooling me again with your kisses this time. I've had enough."
"Listen babe, I don't do this to confuse you, I do it because I want to, I need to, I just can't look at you and stay the same. I love you, ok I do and I am going to measure up. But I need you to trust me and trust in me. Please don't judge me. I uhhhm..." All this time, she is looking at him with utmost concern.
She could not miss the tense bit in his speech. She kept pondering upon his uttering for not long a moment. She thought to herself. "He almost sounds truthful. but I can't afford to take his shit."
All this while, she tries to pull away so she can say frankly what it is, his closeness emanates a situation she can't comprehend.
He pulls her back to ascertain she takes in what he has to say. And oh boy the mixed feelings aren't making her stand any firm. But she knows if she doesn't end it now, she might not stand a chance again.
It's excruciating you know, having to let go of something you still want to hold, someone whose warmth you still want to feel. His presence meant so much to her, yet for some reason, a part of her kept on telling her that he was ruining her with unkept promises & broken dreams. She was just tired of running in circles with him, it was exhausting.
Him on the other side, when it had just started, he knew it was going to be just like any other encounter, just a matter of playing the cards right. He always bragged among his boys. He took the top boy position and everyone bowed.
But here he was, stuck between playing his male ego, ticking cards and being knocked on by this amazing woman.
He knew it wouldn't be long till she got fed up and left on her own, neither did he know that he would try to hold her back like his life depended on her existence.
It had just dawned on him that he wanted her to stay. The thought of her in another man's hands drove a steel rod into his heart.
The grasp of his hands upon her tender arms was so strong. "Let go of my hands, you're hurting me." She begged.
And that was proof that everything changes. The very hands she had held with so much tenderness in the past, had turned into ones she never wants to hold again. Beloved had become behated.
No comments:
Post a Comment