| Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti. Courtesy photo. |
After the appointment of Frank Lampard as
Chelsea's manager for the remainder of the season, Chelsea bosses said that the
search for a permanent manager that will steer the club forward next season
will go on, and a number of top managers have been mentioned.
One of the names that have been rumoured to
be on the list of those that could take over the position is current Real Madrid
manager Carlo Ancelotti. The Italian managed Chelsea for two seasons between 2009
and 2010 and guided them to FA Cup and Premier League victories.
While addressing the media today during a pre-match
press conference today ahead of Real Madrid’s match against Chelsea, Ancelotti
was asked how he feels about Chelsea’s position on the Premier League table,
being nearer to the bottom than the top.
He laughed a little before answering: “I am
sad, yes. I have fantastic memories of this club, of the people that are still
working there, and I am a supporter of Chelsea of course.”
The reporter then went on to ask if he
would consider going back to Stamford Bridge to help return the club to glory if
given the chance to which the five-time Champions League winner replied, “I
spent really nice two years there but to be back? No. I hope Lampard is able to
do a great job with them.”
With Ancelotti out of the equation, the
spotlight is now on out-of-job managers Mauricio Pochettino and former Bayern
Munich coach Julian Naggelsmann among others with the opportunity to take over.
However, you cannot fully rule out the possibility
of Lampard being made permanent manager if his results from the remaining
matches impress his bosses at the end of the season.
No comments:
Post a Comment