Nobody knows the real me. Nobody knows how many times I've sat in my room & cried, how many times I've lost hope, shattered dreams & how many times I've been let down.
Nobody knows how many times I've had to hold back tears, how many times I've felt like I'm about to snap but just don't for the sake of others.
Nobody knows the thoughts that have gone through my head whenever I'm sad, & how horrible they really Are. Nobody knows how many times I've been disappointed, despised & lied to.
Nobody knows how long I've pretended to like some people, just because it looked like the only option.
Nobody knows how many times I've managed to put on a fake smile & reply "I am fine" just so I could hide the pain inside.
But I think it's better that way. I'm just damaged at best.
You are fine. Just fine, very fine.
ReplyDeleteC