Wednesday 20th. April, 2015 I set on a week long holiday to my ancestral home in Luweero. I really needed it because it's the place I can call home with it's full meaning.Things weren't really moving on well where I was living, because my granny was really treating me inhumanly for reasons anybody would call quite stupid, yes I can say it without a second thought. It's a long story but to cut it short, she expelled me from her home. Truth is, I'd wanted to move out looong time ago but I needed her to say it so it'd look like she was the one fed up, yet indeed, I was soo long fed up.
![]() |
| On a Monday morning at home, in Luweero. |
When that's done, you of course have to move around the place greeting whoever you find on the way. Our village is a humble one. Almost everyone knows the other, and almost everyone is kinda related to the other, from big blood relationships to ones as small as just sharing a clan. But also, you surely don't wanna create the thing they call 'Pride' they associate with people from the town that we don't greet. They always reply with smiles on their faces, ask how town is, and how things are going. But particularly with me, they ask how my studies are going. During day, everyone tends to their gardens, and in the evening at around 6pm, some boys gather at a local football pitch and play football which sometimes I get involved in, depending on my mood. Others gather around a board of ludo and gamble away their little money.
Most of them are below 25 but already have at least 2 kids. Their highest level of education doesn't exceed O'Level. They have no future to lose or work for, they say they're already in their future. But they are peaceful and humble people. The older ones though get involved in community development groups where they save some money on uniform frequencies, which they always share at the end of the year.
Whenever I'm here, I feel as free as a bird. I feel like all my problems are solved and all the stress gone. It's my home. It's our home. We'al belong here. And oh, there's no place like home, no place like home..


No comments:
Post a Comment