Tuesday, 6 October 2015

It's always nice to be nice

I just don't know why people find it really hard to be kind on the internet. I don't really gerrit why someone would choose to be so mean towards a stranger. Someone you've never met, someone whose story you know nothing of. I see a lot of people giving very many hateful comments on other people's posts. I see a lot of people fighting others. And all I'm asking myself is why? There's a friend of mine (Facebook friend) whose posts are always in a fighting tone, complaining about her haters, about this and that, and how she doesn’t really care whether she’s hated or not, and it gets me thinking that if you really don’t care about your haters (if you even have any), why do you keep writing and complaining about them??


Some people have a stupid reasoning that (Yes I said it), "I don't know you, why be nice to you?" And you keep wondering whether they were born knowing those people they know. I mean, you were once complete strangers with your boyfriend/girlfriend/best buddy or even some of your family members. Now what if that person was rude to you the first time you approached them, would you have been together today? Yes maybe you would have, but the obvious answer would be no.
It’s is true that some people can be really annoying on the internet, others can be complete bums, and  others  just make you ask yourself whether the internet is a stupid place, or there’s just a lot of stupid people on the internet. But whatever the case, that doesn’t and shouldn’t make you act the same. Always be the difference you want to see. It’s always better to be nice first, because you can always be mean later. But once you have been mean to someone, they won’t believe the nice you may bring later. So be nice to that stranger, to the person you don’t know, until it’s time to stop being nice, and then destroy them, lol. Kidding.

Seriously though, I know now you may be feeling like what if they ask for it? What if the other person just won’t stop being rude to you? I know how it feels like because I’ve dealt with a lot of people like those. In that case, it’s just simpler to ignore the fool. Truth is, being mean is really consuming, and the effects may be really adverse compared to walking away. Why write a hateful comment on someone’s post just because it doesn’t address your interests? Why write a really negative comment on someone’s photo just because you find it not appealing? Which in most cases results into you people arguing and fighting and all the crap that follows?? If you can’t be nice, at least be silent.
Learn to give people the chance to get to know them better before I could be otherwise. You may be surprised by how really different they are in person. But if you aren’t willing to do that, at least don’t be mean. Make the internet a better place.
To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment